The Herald dates back to 1872 in Rock Hill, S.C., when it was known as The Lantern. It became The Herald in 1874 and then evolved into The Evening Herald, a name it held until 1986. The Herald was purchased by McClatchy in 1990.
We are the leading provider of daily local news coverage in a three-county region.
The Herald also produces the Fort Mill Times, a once-a-week publication dedicated to our region’s fastest-growing audience.